Calling all Germans, or just people who love beer!
Cedarburg is hosting it's annual Oktoberfest this October 5 and 6. While this may not be the huge festival that Wine & Harvest or Strawberry Fest are, there are a few things that might entice you to head over and enjoy. Plus, the parking isn't such a big issue at this festival.
1. Beer - not just the old stand-by varieties, but specialty beers like Hofbrau, Hacker Pschoor, Pauline Oktoberfest and Sprecher Oktoberfest. They also have award winning wines from Cedar Creek Winery and specialty beers from The Fermentorium.
2. German food - Think sauerbraten, wiener schnitzel, a sausage platter, currywurst, brats, and hotdogs. There are also really fantastic soft pretzels.
3. Free admission - yup.
4. A wooden dance floor - authentic German music from the Pommersche Tanzdeel Dancers, Tuba Dan the Alte Blaskepelle and the Cedarburg Civic Band will entice you to try out your polka skills.
5. Contests - Best Lederhosen/Dirndl contest, Sauerkraut Eating contest and the German Spelling Bee. I can imagine those all are entertaining to watch.
6. Glockenspiel Show - What? You've never seen a cuckoo clock do it's thing with real humans? You've got to experience it. It's pretty cool and repeats every two hours.
Is that not enough to entice you?? Oh, and there's a big tent in case Wisconsin delivers its typical untimely rain shower on us. See you there!
Saturday, October 5, 11 a.m - 8 p.m.
Sunday, October 6, 10 a.m.- 5 p.m.