9 Reasons Why You Can’t Miss Strawberry Festival in Cedarburg
- Strawberries - While there weren’t any strawberries to purchase last year because of weather issues, there usually are plenty of fresh, local, delicious strawberries! There are also things like strawberry wine, shortcake, beer and even brats.
- It’s Free - Cedarburg doesn’t charge any entry fee for any of their festivals. They close the street down to increase safety for all the pedestrians.
- Family Friendly - tons of kid friendly activities and contests to keep the kids happy. There is a rubber duck race that is fun for the entire family to watch, a petting zoo and pony rides as well. The contests include things like strawberry Shortcake eating contest, an ice cream licking contest, and a strawberry bubblegum eating contest. Fun memory making opportunities for families!
- Original artwork - Hundreds of talented artists flood into Cedarburg in the weeks before the Festival to paint their gorgeous pictures, which are sold during the event at the Cultural Center.
- Variety of Vendors - the main street in Cedarburg is filled with vendors from all over the midwest. There is a wide variety of products, in addition to all the local stores who always have great shopping opportunities as well.
- Live Music - there is a great lineup of bands, and amazing musicians throughout the whole two days of the festival.
- Food - a huge variety of food waits for you at the two-day festival. There is a food court set up with tons of food trucks, as well as vendors all up and down Washington Avenue. The Easy Cheesy Grilled Cheese is always popular with fair goers.
- I’ll be there - I am working with the Festivals of Cedarburg, an amazing group of hard working and Cedarburg loving folks, to create their merchandise for the festival. I will be at their tent at the corner of Washington and Columbia, selling the Strawberry Festival merchandise and my own Cedarburg Threads products. My relationship with the Festival began three years ago because I love to help them to promote this special little city in southeastern Wisconsin!
- Small Town Fun - I think a lot of people are craving the simplicity of a small town life, if only for a day. Our historic downtown is really special and you should experience it yourself this year!
Hope to see you June 24 and 25th in Cedarburg!